Stomp wriggle and crawl

Wow! What an exciting day we had this week when we found some mysterious looking eggs nestled in the ground in our wildlife area. We discussed what it might be inside the eggs. The children came up with some fantastic ideas!!

One child also found a muddy letter which was placed next to the eggs. It explained that we needed to care for the eggs and keep them in water for them to grow. The letter was from Mary Anning who is a paleontologist. I wonder who she is? I wonder what a paleontologist is?

We took the eggs back to our class so we could care for them. The children are now waiting for the shell to crack and to find out the identity to the mystery animal that hides inside.

3 Comments

on “Stomp wriggle and crawl
3 Comments on “Stomp wriggle and crawl
  1. Finley told us all about the letter they discovered from Mary Anning. He’s never really been interested in dinosaurs before this topic but it has definitely captured his imagination!

2. I the children gain so much from their ‘walk in the woods.’ I think you can see the delight in the faces of both the teachers and the children in these photographs’.
    I have been hearing the children talking in school about their findings and sharing some outstanding knowledge with each other. Some already feeling ‘blue’ and confidently but sensitively sharing what they already know from reading their favourite dinosaur books.